This pre-drafted basic bodice block is the perfect solution for those who don’t want to draft their own blocks. I’ve done the technical work for you now all you need to do is toile, fit and amend to get the best fit for your body!
It’s drafted to a set of standard UK measurements (see the chart body chart below) and graded from UK size 6 to UK size 18.
Some quick facts about this block:
• It is drafted with NO SEAM ALLOWANCES. You will need to add seam allowances when you make patterns from it
• It is drafted for woven, non-stretch fabrics
• It is graded from UK size 6 to UK size 18
• It comes with a sleeve which is straight
• I have marked on the bust point position for each size so that you can easily compare it your actual bust point
Blocks are used as the starting point of any new patterns so it’s important to toile this block and make any necessary amendments to achieve the best fit for your body as this will carry through into any new patterns that you make. If you’re unsure what a block is then I’ve got a blog post explaining all the ins and outs of it.
This block comes as a PDF file. Once purchased you’ll receive 3 files:
1. A0 copy shop PDF file
2. A4 print at home PDF file
3. Instructions and size charts